NamSor has mapped Hispanic Twitter accounts around the world. Not just Hispanic: French and German as well.
This interactive world map of the Hispanic, French and German e-Diasporas was produced using Twitter account data.
To access the interactive map, click here: http://cdb.io/1dqVd2n
Twitter is an interesting source because about 3 per cent of Twitter accounts opt-in to show their Tweet location (using GPS from a smartphone) and can be visualised on a map.
Our method of anthroponomical classification can be summarized as follow: judging from the Twitter name only and the publicly available list of all ~150k Olympic athletes since 1896, for which team would the person most likely run (of France, Spain, Germany)?
NamSor Applied Onomastics is a European vendor of name recognition software (NamSor sorts names), which aims to help understand international flows of money, ideas and people. namsor.com
Further reading :
- (businesslike) NamSor Solutions
- (moneywise) FDIMagnet is NamSor™ offering for Investment Promotion
- (scientific) NamSor Applied Onomastics to help Lithuania become a talent magnet in BioTech
- (similar) Revealing the Irish, French, Indonesian digital diasporas
- (poetic) Human societies are fractal in their diversity
You must log in to post a comment.